Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Scott Pilgrim

Scott Pilgrim is amazingly fast pace, and simply put, fun. I think O'Malley did something nearly impossible, which is have every single character be likeable. Scott Pilgrim is familiar. What I mean by that is that the dialogue shared between the characters is familiar to how I think a lot of us relate and converse with the people around us. Their is this youthfulness energy that I think also adds to the likeness for this work, as well as the pace and the overall tone. Everything about this book is sincere and genuine. I think the author combines the elements of a coming-of-age story and a fantastical action pack story together brilliantly. Another reason the characters, especially Scott, are likeable is because of the bit of selfish tendencies he has at first. It's because he makes mistakes, yet grows from them. Even though I don't really agree with some of Scott's actions at first, I do like him and empathize with him enough to follow him on his journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment