Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Daytripper

Daytripper was one of my favorite pieces that I read. Every single aspect of it is truly well thought out and detailed and unique. I love the way the story is told. It sets itself apart from other works and it grabbed me from the very beginning and I was hooked throughout. What I think shows the talents of the author is how each chapter ends the same, with the demise of Bras. Even though after the first couple of times it is to be expected, the story and illustrations are so interesting, that you are still somewhat surprised at the end. I love the overall energy of this story. Each chapter is a fragment of Bras's life, but always an important moment in his life. I feel like the "twist" at the end could get repetitive, but because of the theme that is stated through subtext, which is in my opinion....that even the tiniest decisions can lead to huge consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment