Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Persepolis

This is a story that could be read by a lot of people, but the way it was told and the techniques used to tell it made it extremely more visceral to connect to. One of the aspects that I found interesting, which is something I thought a lot about after I read it, but while reading, was the fact that she had to hide music under her coat out of fear. That is something I think American's cannot really grasp, and it was a great tool, even though it was her reality, to help readers really understand the massive importance and insanity that these people had to live through. This also made the rebellion seem much more dynamic, in terms of being a reader. I loved reading in the perspective of a young girl. Not only was it easy to follow, but also easy to relate to. I also love how the author thinks very detailedly about the use of text and the use of illustrations. At some points no words are needed, and the simple images does the story and the characters justice, and other times it is the complete opposite. It seemed very thought out, but also very in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment